Calling previous UnLtd Award Winners and individuals wanting to support Young Social Entrepreneurs.
Please note the residential will take place in Leicestershire and NOT Chester as previously advertised.
We are now opening up our second call out to recruit volunteers on the Do It For Real programme to work with and guide young social entrepreneurs of the future. This is an amazing opportunity for previous Award Winners and young people with experience of running a social venture to work with and guide ambitious young social entrepreneurs of the future.
This is your chance to pass on your knowledge of starting up a social venture and recruit young people to become social entrepreneurs via a Do it For Real Award. You will gain valuable experience managing a cohort of young social entrepreneurs as they start their journey of doing something great for themselves and their community. If you want to boost your leadership skills and support like-minded social entrepreneurs, please apply to get involved.
Spirit of 2012, Comic Relief and UnLtd have joined forces to mobilise social entrepreneurs through sharing knowledge, volunteering, and enabling young people to start, grow and build their social action projects, which benefit themselves and their community. UnLtd will share its skills and expertise with volunteers who are well placed to find and support young social entrepreneurs. We want to find 25 volunteers.
Together the aim is to find, fund and support young social entrepreneurs aged 18-30 across the UK. We are looking for young people who have experience of social enterprise whether that is as a previous UnLtd award winner, supporter of social entrepreneurship or any other relevant experience. We are looking for Volunteers that share our values for supporting young social entrepreneurs. Read on to find out what we are looking for in our Do It For Real volunteers. You will find everything you need to know about the Do it For Real programme along with information about eligibility on this website.
Our Volunteer Model – Find and Support
Working with UnLtd, our Do It For Real Volunteers will deliver a package of support to young social entrepreneurs. Volunteers act as a Talent Scout to find and assess their own potential social entrepreneurs by carrying out outreach activities.
They then provide pre-application support to help the talent they have found to develop and hone their ideas up to application level. Volunteers take responsibility for the assessment of applications that are supported through the Volunteer cohort. UnLtd will make the cash award direct to successful applicants.
Volunteers will provide all support to the successful applicants after they have received their cash award.
Could you be a Volunteer?
We are looking for you to demonstrate:
- A genuine interest in supporting young social entrepreneurs with resources and mentorship
- An ability to provide one to one support to young social entrepreneurs
Volunteer Eligability Criteria:
To become a volunteer you must:
- Live in The UK
- Be aged 18-30
- Attend a residential on 21-22nd May in Leicestershire
- Commit to awarding and supporting a young social entrepreneur with a £500 Test-it award
What’s in it for you?
As an UnLtd Volunteer you will receive:
- Bespoke training to enable you to be a confident volunteer
- Access to UnLtd online learning platform
- Personal development opportunities.
- Invitation to UnLtd events including DIFR celebration event in June 2016 (Birmingham)
- Residential training weekend
- Paid expenses
- The opportunity to award and support a young person with a £500 Test-It award
- The chance to be a part of a unique group of UnLtd Volunteers that will help shape UnLtd’s future youth work
- Association and recognition as an UnLtd Do It For Real Volunteer
- An UnLtd contact person
How to Apply
The selection process:
- Applications go Live on 29th February 2016 – Click here to apply
- Join our webinar on 16th March at 12:30 and 6th April at 6pm to find out more and get your questions answered – Register here
- Submit your application by 24th April 2016
- We’ll shortlist and select volunteers on 25th April
- We will notify successful applicants between 27th – 29th April
- Attendance at residential on 21-22 May at Leicestershire (Not Chester as previously advertised)
Good Luck in applying!
If you would like more information please contact Kamran Rashid via firstname.lastname@example.org